In this article i will explain what type of website will suits your business Static or Dynamic. We are only comparing dynamic with static website so if you are looking for something else then ask the question in comment section and i will be happy to answer that.
Lets first start by explaining the differences between static and dynamic business websites and general myths about them:
- Static Websites: These websites are not editable to any non-HTML friendly person, which most of the people are. You have to hire a web-designer to make any change in your website. A web designer will do this by changing the HTML files directly. He will charge you for this usually on hourly basis. Making these changes will take sometime depending on the complexity. Cost of these websites is lesser as compared to its dynamic counterpart. If your content will not chnage in future then you can go for static website for your business. you can also have a website with static and dynamic pages both. This will help you minimize the cost by paying extra for only those pages which change frequently.
- Dynamic Websites: All the content or images of these type of websites can be changed by just filling a simple form. Any regular computer friendly person can do this and the result in real time i.e you will see the result within a second. You don’t need to pay extra charges for any change in this case i.e these websites are maintenance free. These websites usually costs double as compared with static websites. I recommend having a dynamic website if you own a medium or large sized business as it will give you all the power to make any important change instantly. If you are having a product catalog then these type of websites are must for you. As you can add any number of products or services using a very simple admin panel. The process is like just filling a form and submitting. This type of website will save your business from spending too much on maintenance work.
Common Myths regarding the two types of business websites.
- Many non-website friendly people thinks dynamic website will have animation and static websites will be still or non-animating websites., but in reality it has nothing to with animation you can have animation in both they variants.
- Some businesses don’t have dynamic websites because they think it is less SEO friendly because of some unreadable variable values in the link, which it uses for sending important information from one link to another. Any good website developer can hide these variables using .htaccess methods. Which will make it look same as of Static website.
- Dynamic websites does not mean that you can everything in your website. Although everything can be made editable, but only on special requests and will charge you too much. Usually the main content and banner images are made editable, but in special cases forms, logos, theme colors can be made editable. Still you cannot change the overall design of the websites i.e the basic layout of all the elements will remain same and is non-editable.
Now as you know in details about the Static and Dynamic websites, you can now easily decide which type of website will be best suited for your corporate need.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.